- Reporting to Chief Executive Officer
- Location Manchester
- Salary £35,000 – £40,000
- Duration Permanent
Our Mission – We know bad debt happens to good people which makes them feel worried and powerless.
At Jarvis Insolvency we provide professional debt guidance and services that help people move out of debt.
This empowers people to take control of their finances so they can live their best lives again.
Your Mission – Working under the Chief Executive Officer, the HR Manager plays a crucial role in the success of this people focussed financial services business. You will be aligned with the company’s mission, core values, policies and procedures and responsible for instilling these into the business operations. We want to ensure we have the highest quality workforce that feels valued, fairly treated and optimally structured to deliver a best-in-class service to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced HR professional with a strong character and drive, as this is a highly operational role.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The HR Manager’s main duties will be to:
- Guide, coach, and advise managers on all Employee Relations issues
- Ensure a robust process is in place for management of employee leave and absenteeism submissions
- Review employee contracts and consult on amendments where applicable
- Devise and manage the employee training programme
- Handle and process any Grievance issues quickly and efficiently
- Assist with all Recruitment and On-boarding related activities
- Assist operations managers in the preparation of Disciplinary, Dismissals, Appeals, and chair meetings where necessary
- Manage all HR administration including keeping an organised electronic filing system of all template documentation
- Update policies and procedures as required
- Ensure HR procedures are in place for dealing with all new starters and leavers and update procedures as and when required
- Manage the Background checking process ensuring compliance with the procedures throughout.
- Ensure a robust process is in place for keeping records of work eligibility documentation, chasing for outstanding documentation and requesting up-to-date documentation when due to expire.
- Implement and drive organisational culture and company values
- Implement and drive staff wellbeing program
- Ensure compliance with the TUPE process including managing all TUPE administration, liaising with new contractors, dealing with all TUPE queries, assisting in the consultation process, and handling the termination process
- Assist with commercial bid work, particularly where there is a TUPE situation, and review client contracts, at bid stage, where necessary
- Lead and advise on restructures and redundancies
- Produce high quality, regular reports on HR activities to the board
- Liaise with external HR consultants on higher-level HR queries and any tribunal claims
- Lead HR projects within the business to deliver solutions to business requirements, working with relevant business areas as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience of TUPE
- Experience of conducting disciplinary and grievance cases
- Experience in 360 recruitment
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of UK Employment Law
- Ability to engage and build rapport with members of staff at all levels
- Ability to organise and meet deadlines
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Decision-making skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to problem-solve situations
- Ability to follow procedures
- Previous experience within an HR environment, particularly with complex Employee Relations
- Proven experience of working in a fast paced, multicultural environment, and handling multiple tasks at any one time
- GCSE Maths and English (Grade A-C) (or equivalent)
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to adapt to new systems
- Ability to multi-task and work to targets
- Strong communication skills – must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- CIPD qualified or studying towards qualification
If you are interested in this role please email your up to date CV to [email protected] and include the following reference in the email subject line – JHRM.
Good Luck and we look forward to hearing from you!